The wall memorial located opposite St Mary’s Church is built on what was the village green and site of the lock-up. Built by Saint, the monumental masons, it was unveiled by Sir Arthur de Capell Brooke Bart on Sunday 25th September 1921 and dedicated by the Reverend P E Robson, Rector of Rushden. The memorial is an individual design, an octagonal structure with inlaid panels inscribed with the names of 420 men who lost their lives in the Great War of 1914-18. Further panels were added to the base of the monument to record the names of those who lost their lives in the Second World War and one victim of the troubles in Northern Ireland.
every care has been taken in compiling this publication and the statements
contained herein are believed to be correct, the publishers and promoters
cannot accept responsibility for any inaccuracies. Reproduction of any
part of this publication in any format, without permission, is strictly
forbidden. Photographs: Photographs provided by Rushden Town Council unless